The Infinity® 98 furnace delivers precision comfort with GREENSPEED™ intelligence. This is the most advanced Carrier® furnace ever made. Its unique design innovations achieve unprecedented efficiency and quiet.
GREENSPEED™ intelligence is created by pairing adaptable-speed technology with our Infinity control's intelligence this page. The unique, modulating gas valve of this unit, when managed by the Infinity control, allows it to literally adapt its output to the needs of the home. With tiny, 1% adjustments between 40 and 100% capacity, it gives the home only the amount of heating necessary.
This allows the furnace to operate longer at steadier, lower capacities, which ensures incredible energy efficiency and quiet operation with tighter temperature control than standard furnaces.
- Up to 98.5% AFUE heating efficiency
- GREENSPEED™ intelligence for ideal comfort and energy savings
- VPrecise modulating gas valve capable of matching the heating needs of the home
- Variable-speed, ECM blower motor for ultimate comfort and ultra-quiet operation
- Ideal Humidity System® technology capable to aid heat pump or air conditioner summer dehumification
- SmartEvap™ technology works in concert with your cooling system to aid summer dehumidification
- ComfortFan™ technology allows fan-speed choices in "Constant ON" mode
- Infinity intelligence enables self-configuration and easy troubleshooting with Infinity control
- Fully insulated cabinet
- Advanced temperature control
- Includes air filter cabinet
- 10-year parts limited warranty1
- Lifetime heat exchanger limited warranty2
1To the original owner, when product is used in an owner-occupied residence, a 10-year parts limited warranty upon timely registration of your new equipment. Warranty period is 5 years if not registered within 90 days. Jurisdictions where warranty benefits cannot be conditioned on registration will automatically receive a 10-year parts limited warranty. See warranty certificate for complete details.
2To the original owner, when product is used in an owner-occupied residence, a Lifetime heat exchanger parts limited warranty upon timely registration of your new equipment. Warranty period is reduced to 20-years (from Lifetime) on heat exchanger if not registered within 90 days. Jurisdictions where warranty benefits cannot be conditioned on registration will automatically receive the extended registered heat exchanger parts limited warranty period. See warranty certificate for details.
- Up to 98.5% AFUE
- All sizes achieve ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2012 designation
- Load matching performance delivers just the amount of heat needed for longer, quieter run times while minimizing energy use.
- The quietest furnace you can buy (060V17-14 model/size)
- The most efficient furnace you can buy (060V21-20 model/size)
- Best temperature control management among Carrier® furnaces
- Allows 4 choices of "constant ON" fan speed operation
- Hybrid Heat® compatible
- Exceptional year-round humidity management when installed as part of complete Infinity system with added humidifier
- Can help boost cooling SEER efficiency when matched with appropriate cooling system components
- In zoned systems improves airflow control for greater comfort and quiet
- GREENSPEED™ intelligence
- SmartEvap™ techology
- Patented gas valve modulates in 1% increments between 40-100%
- Variable-speed, ECM blower motor
- Pilot-free, hot surface PowerHeat™ ignition
- Variable-speed, ECM inducer motor
- Aluminized steel primary heat exchanger
- Stainless steel fin-and-tube design secondary heat exchanger
- Sound reduction: fully insulated cabinet and QuieTech™ noise reduction
- Infinity level advanced diagnostic intelligence
- Recommended control: Infinity control
- 60,000-120,000 Btu/h
- Flexible installation: upflow, downflow or horizontal
- Versatile venting for tight-fit applications
- 115 V
- .5" gas connection
- Convertible to Liquid Propane (LP)
- 20-gauge, galvanized steel with appliance finish
- Baked on urethane base coat and polyester top coat paint in taupe metallic
- Dimensions in upflow position: 35"H x width varies by size: 17.5-24.5" x 30"D